Smithsonian Style

Do you know how many museums there are in the United States? I didn't until I did a Google search. 35,000 museums. Wow!

How many of those are affiliated with the our nation's premier museum - The Smithsonian? Only about 200. And of those 200 about 10% are in Washington D.C.

However, I live in Washington state not D.C. Never fear there is a list of the Smithsonian affiliate museums for each state. My state has six Smithsonian affiliate museums. One of them is Whatcom Museum in Bellingham. That's right...just a short drive from Whidbey!

And so why do I care? Or why should you care about these statistics?  The first ever west coast version of the Contemporary Craft show - Smithsonian style - is being held at Whatcom this year.

And.   I.   Have.   Been.   Invited.

Yep...an artist has to be invited to participate. An invitational...like they have in golf and stuff. This is soooo cool!

Check it out...it is in September but put it on your calendars now.



Comments